Our Commitment to Privacy
What information is collected
A) Personal Information
As a part of our effort to provide our services, we collect the following information from users:
Registration is required for the use of our Services. Only registered customers have access to our Services. You can register on our Website by filling a registration form. During the registration process, users are required to provide the information below:
- First and last name
- Company’s name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
B) Other Information
We automatically track and collect your IP address. We use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up to use our Services. Your IP-address is also registered for statistical purposes and to better our advertising and layout of the Website.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings about our Website, we may store such information on our servers.
To protect you against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims and other liabilities, we do not collect credit card information.
How the information is used
We use your Business Information as follows:
- We use your Information in order to troubleshoot problems; measure consumer interest in Services; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect you against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our TOU; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. We may compare and review your Information for errors, omissions, and accuracy.
- We use your email address to send you system e-mails to use our services. If you want to stop receiving our system emails, you will have to stop using our Services or deactivate your Account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We use the email that you provided us i.e. your registered email, in order to send newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our Services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscription link in the newsletter email.
- We use Website navigation data to operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Information to provide aggregated information about Skillcurb.
How your information is protected
- You agree that Skillcurb and its associated companies may use the Information for marketing and promotional purposes.
- All our employees, independent contractors, and agents have executed non-disclosure agreements, which provide explicit confidentiality protections. Any employee, independent contractor or agent who violates such privacy and/or security policies is subject to possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- We do not make any of your Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes. No data given or collected is shared with other social media platforms.
- If however, we share your Business Information with third parties, we will notify you. Please note that no transmission over the internet can guarantee confidentiality and non-disclosure, and as such, you transmit at your own risk.
- We use robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of data. When the Services are accessed using the internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your Information, using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your Information is safe, secure, and only available to you and to whom you have granted access.
- Skillcurb does its utmost to secure communications and data storage in order to protect the confidentiality of your Information against loss and interception by third parties. However, it is important to know that there is no zero-risk against loss or interception by others of your Information. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your Account’s username and password.
How the information is stored
We save your Information in our database in order to improve our Website as well as user experience in accordance with our TOU. If you wish that your Information be permanently deleted from our database when you stop using our Services, please notify us at email@example.com
Skillcurb is using cookies to improve your experience of our Website.
When you visit our Website, our server sends a cookie to your computer in order to determine your location and use the appropriate language for our Services. You can delete these cookies at any time. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify an individual. Cookies merely recognize the web browser. Unless an individual chooses to identify himself/herself, such as through opening an Account or entering login information, individuals remain anonymous to Skillcurb.
We cooperate with law enforcement authorities, as well as with other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property rights, and to prevent fraud. In response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose your name, e-mail address, and Website use history, with or without a court order. Without limiting the above, we will not disclose your Information to any law enforcement or other governmental officials without a court order, except when we have good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect our rights, enforce our policies, and respond to claims that your use of our Services violates Skillcurbs’ policies or rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR), you possess a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data.
You have the right to access your personal information from the website for any purpose. You can get and reuse your personal information across any services at any time.
Whereas you have provided us with consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. To reiterate, you can do this at any time by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org